|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||10 Minutes|
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup spinach, shredded
- 1 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- Cook chicken in a large skillet with oil. Remove cooked chicken; cover and keep warm.
- Add sliced veggies to pan and cook over high heat 10 minutes or until tender and blackened.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of fajita seasoning (recipe below), 1/4 cup water, and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat beans until hot and shred the cheese. Briefly warm the tortillas.
- Spoon beans, meat and veggies into tortillas and top with cheese, spinach and sour cream, or have people assemble themselves
- Combine last 10 ingredients in a lidded container - I used an old spice jar - and use 3 tablespoons to equal 1 packet of fajita or taco seasoning.
Most flour tortillas are vegetarian or vegan, but some may contain lard. Check the label.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.