Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe
Nothing beats the cinnamony smell of peach cobbler baking in the oven and this recipe will fill your kitchen with the same lovely aroma. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to cobbler some like a lot of topping, some only like a little; some like it super sweet, others not so much. The great thing about this recipe is that you can adjust it to meet your liking; if you love the biscuit-like topping, then double the ingredients for the topping. How is a cobbler different from a crumble or pie? Well, a pie comes baked in a shell and a crumble typically calls on oatmeal. The cobbler sets itself apart by covering the top with a batter-like or biscuit-like crust, and this cobbler recipe works for tons of different fruits. Swap out peaches for blackberries, blueberries, or whatever fruit you?d like. Served with vanilla ice cream, peach cobbler is the perfect summer treat.
- 8 fresh peaches (peeled, pitted, and sliced into chunks).
- 3 tablespoons white sugar.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 3 tablespoon white sugar.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces.
- 1/4 cup boiling water.
- 1 tablespoon white sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Bake the cobbler for about 30 minutes, or until the topping is golden.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel the peaches with a knife or peeler, or drop the peaches one-by-one in boiling water for about a minute. Then, take each one out and put it into a bowl of ice water for about a minute. The skins should slide off pretty easily if the peaches are ripe..
- In a large bowl, combine the first list of ingredients (peaches, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, cornstarch). Toss everything together so the peaches are coated evenly, then put the mixture into a greased two-quart (8×8) baking dish and bake in the oven for ten minutes.
- In another large bowl, combine some of the ingredients from the second list? flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Use your fingertips to blend the butter into the mixture, or use a pastry blender ñ until the mixture looks like coarse meal. Then, stir in the water until just combined.
- Take the peaches out of the oven and drop spoonfuls of the topping over them. Sprinkle the entire cobbler with the sugar and cinnamon..
- Bake the cobbler for about 30 minutes, or until the topping is golden. Enjoy!.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes