Carlota de Limon is a key lime icebox cake made with Maria cookies, condensed milk, and lime juice. It is the perfect combination of sour and sweet. Think key lime pie meets cheesecake. It as an easy Mexican dessert that will surely impress.
Lemon Carlota with nuts.
- 1 can(12 fl.oz/354ml) Evaporated milk
- 1 can(14 oz./397g.) Condensed milk
- ? cup Key lime juice, fresh.
- 1½ rolls(4.9oz./140g. ea.) Maria cookies
- 6.7oz of pineapple syrup.
- 1/2 can of pineapple in syrup.
- 3.4oz of walnut.
- Place condensed milk and evaporated milk in a blender. Turn blender on low setting and add in lime juice gradually, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Line the bottom of an 8×8 glass baking dish with a layer of cookies and pour some of the milk mixture on top of the cookies; enough to cover them but not drown them.
- Repeat this process until all the milk mixture and cookies have been used up.
- Place cake in refrigerator over night.
- Cut and serve cold.