Much like its author, this recipe is a no-fuss classic. It calls for just 1/4 cup of flour, which yields an incredibly rich and gooey brownie, and it’s super easy to make. So easy, in fact, that baking a batch of these might just become part of your weekend routine.
- ½ cup cocoa.
- ½ cup butter (1 stick).
- 2 eggs.
- 1 cup sugar.
- ¼ cup flour.
- 1 cup chopped or broken-up walnuts or pecans.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter in saucepan with cocoa and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a large bowl. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, nuts and salt. Add to the cocoa-butter mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8-inch-square pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Do not overbake; the brownies should be gooey. Let cool, then cut into bars.