Jalapeño cheese bread recipe
4 tsp Olive oil, divided
3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp Black pepper
3/4 tsp Chili powder.
3/4 tsp Cumin.
1/2 CUP Onion, finely diced
3 medium Jalapeños, seeds and membranes removed, finely diced.
2.Cloves garlic, minced.
1/2 CUP Chicken broth
4oz. Cream cheese.
1 1/2 CUP Shredded cheddar cheese.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with the salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin.
- Add to pan and sear for 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Remove chicken breasts from the skillet to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. (They will finish cooking later.)
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining two teaspoons olive oil to pan.
- Add diced onion and jalapeño and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 more seconds.
- Add chicken broth and cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese and stir until melted and mixture is simmering.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet, along with any accumulated juices, and turn to coat in the cheese sauce.
- Cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 7-9 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. (It will depend on how thick your chicken breasts are.)
- Serve chicken breasts with extra sauce spooned over the top.