This is a recipe that we created by changing my mom’s recipe. My lover is a fettuccine Alfredo expert, and he scrapes the pan every time! We get nothing but rave reviews when we make this dish. We must warn you; this recipe is not for the health conscious. Enjoy!
- 24 ounces dry fettuccini pasta.
- 1 cup butter.
- 3/4 pint heavy cream.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- One dash garlic salt.
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Join fettuccini and cook for 8 to 12 mins. or until al dente; drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter into cream over low heat. Join salt, pepper and garlic salt. Mix in cheese over medium heat until melted, this will thicken the sauce.
- Add pasta to sauce. Use enough of the pasta so that all of the sauce and the pasta is thoroughly coated. Serve immediately.